Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rhinebeck

Okay, day one was overwhelming.

Got there around 9:30am, after picking someone up at the train. Really cute train station, and I got to see all the people standing around waiting for the taxi cabs to come. Saw the line for STR, not nearly as bad as Maryland, but still enough that I didn't even go near the booth. Stopped at Brooks Farm and found a charcoal gray Acero skein for dad's socks and two matching skeins of an orphan that was 70%wool 30%alpaca. It's really loosely spun and loosely plied, I may run it through my wheel before I knit it up, but haven't decided yet.

Went to the blogger/ravelry meetup, marked off a few squares on my blogger bingo then ran away because it was way too many people in one place for me. Ran into Trillian42 a few times, LOVE her shawl, pictures do NOT do it justice.

This is totally disjointed. I'm staying in a house this weekend with 8 other people and truthfully, I'm NOT a people person. I know most of them from previous events and enjoy all their company but at 8 am, they're too much. My brain is NOT working.

I've probably missed a lot of stuff, I'll post pictures from this weekend probably tomorrow. I have pics from the fair and from the ravelry party afterwards.