Sunday, October 07, 2007

A treat for myself

Now... this treat started way back at the end of August. Why did it take so long you ask.... well, I got to pick out my own fabric, so obviously I was at the mercy of the online fabric company and the post office took their sweet time getting it here.


What is this new treat you may ask.


Those who have seen me lately might have noticed a certain kitty print bag that I tend to pull out whenever the teachers aren't talking. Yes, it's my Monkey Bag. Said monkey bag is getting quite a lot of use, to the point where I've lost one of the beads from the elastic and have managed to poke a small hole through the inner lining (I think it was the latern moon double points that did that one). At a certain point, when I finally had two pairs of socks started, I would trade out the pairs and bring whichever one I wanted to work on that day with me. But this left my socks in progress to the mercies of the kitty kats, without the protection of the bag.


So, after not finding a print I really liked, I asked about a special order.

Meet the Elvis Bag:
Ummm... please don't ask me to explain why it's called Elvis. My mom knows, and I promise it's NOTHING to do with the singer. Momma Monkey centered the fabric beautifully, which is hard with a print this big and a bag this small.

Along with Elvis I got a little surprise:


A double point roll that matches my original kitty bag. Now you ask, why are there only four sets of double points in it? Well, seems most of my double points are too long to fit. Guess that's why I always look like I'm playing with skewers when I'm making socks on them. The only sock ones that got in here are my 2.25mm and 2.75mm. Maybe I'll have to order a new Harmony set just to fill it up. (how's that for rationalizing)