Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Early BD gift

Way back in June when my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday I asked for an iron. Not that I care about how my clothes look or anything like that, but I wanted a good steam iron for blocking stuff I didn't feel like getting soaking wet. So when I moved to Philly this summer, mom gave me the iron she bought for my birthday, saying I'd need it for school. See... they actually make me wear nice clothing to clinical, even though we're on the floor of a daycare playing with children.

I figured that was it, I already got my gift and would just get a card or something on my birthday. Nope. I went home last friday for my sister's BD, and my mom started asking if I wanted my gift. I said no... let it wait till next week when I come home for my birthday. She kept bugging me about it. Finally I said... if it's a scale, I'll take it, otherwise it can wait. Well...
This is what she handed me. Yes, it wasn't wrapped... but she did have a battery for it, so I can't complain too much. I love my new toy. I spent the first day going around weighing all the little extra bits of yarn I had left over. I found out that some of the little extras I had are actually enough to do stuff with.

And since I didn't post on Caturday
Opal in her tower perch. She came running into the bedroom as soon as she heard the camera turn on.