Friday, October 12, 2007

YPF

We interrupt our current Garden State Sheep and Wool Festival series of YPF because, well, it's getting dull. The last skeins are a semi-solid colour and how many times can you look at the twist on KPPPM?

So... I decided to move on. And I had to move on quickly because I started to knit this yarn up last night. See, I pulled out my Cash Iroha fingerless gloves a few days ago and realized that after three years of hard use, they're a bit ratty. I could probably de-pill them, but that wouldn't help the areas where the yarn has thinned. On the walk home from school, I decided to make a new pair. It's amazing how much faster the walk home goes when you are mentally reviewing your stash in your mind.

I came up with this... I know it's not in my ravelry stash, but that's because I've been horrible about uploading new stash to ravelry lately.
A single view.. yes it really is that fuzzy. Handspun from Susan's Spinning Bunny's Alpaca/Merino/Silk top (50/30/20). I didn't measure WPI, but I'm knitting it on size 6's and getting a TIGHT fabric. I also wasn't quite as consistent as I would have liked, so the smaller needle size is working well.
Another side view... very fuzzy yarn. I wanted something for the hand warmers that had either alpaca or silk in it, this way I get both. I may have enough for mittens, but I really just need a new pair of fingerless gloves.
A shot of how its knitting up. I love the colors!