Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rhinebeck Haul

Okay, I know you've all been waiting for the goodies, so here they are. I was very good this year, and didn't buy too much. Most of the impulse buying was on Sunday when I could actually see into the booths.

First stop: Brooks Farm Yarns. I love this place, and usually spend well over $100 at this booth alone. This year, I got out for about $40. There's a skein of the most lovely charcoal gray Acero for dad's socks. I love it when I find the perfect yarn! Then on the sale rack were two skeins of squishy, lovely 70% wool, 30% alpaca. It's a discontinued line because they can't get the base yarn anymore.

Next up, Ellen's Half Pint Farm. I've been meaning to get something from there since last year, but for some reason never did. This year a skein of the bamboo/wool sock yarn came home with me. Even mom bought one.. now I have to teach her to make socks!

After saying I wasn't going to get roving, this jumped off the hook and into my hands. It's all merino, a bit over 4 oz. No clue what it will be, but I can't wait to see how it spins up.

Finally made it to Morehouse this year, and I guess that was a good thing since it seems they are closing the store. Scored these three skeins of worsted out of the sale bin for $4 each. Now I just need to get my hands on the Puff pattern. I know, they sell it there, but $25 for a scarf kit was just not something my brain would let my hands do.


My day two purchases. 2 bundles of 2oz superwash roving (I'm thinking of plying them together, how messed up is that?) and 4 oz of merino/angora/silk roving. I'm currently debating dying it before I spin it up.

That's about it for me. Not a bad haul and with food I stayed under $200 for the weekend.

ETA: the cool t-shirt below can be found here.