Wednesday, August 15, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Okay... I get the idea that WIP Wednesday is partially to keep yourself motivated, so you don't have to show pictures of a project that has been sitting idle for weeks or maybe months at a time but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Once again, there are no new pictures of Rogue because I haven't worked on it at all this past week.

I have been trying to work my way through my stash though... so I pulled out a skein of Brooks Farms Acero and started to make a pair of Monkey socks last thursday.
As you can see, I'm almost done with the first sock. I don't think I can fit in another repeat, so I may just start the toe area now. I love how this yarn is knitting up, but will admit that it's not a tightly plied yarn and is easy to split.
A few more fish have been finished. It's getting harder and harder to get a good picture of these guys. It doesn't help that I picked an apartment that doesn't get great sunlight. All my windows are either facing north or facing south and are partially shaded. To get the above picture I had to turn on the overhead light, the lights in the hall and entry and focus a lamp on the floor. At present, in the 4 by 6 configuration, the blanket is about 42 wide and 33 tall. I may not need as many fish as I thought.

I'm currently sitting at home wondering when the FedEx guy comes to visit... I ordered from KnitPicks last week, and to round out the order and get the free shipping I had to order some yarn. So I have a whole bunch of new yarn coming for the blanket, hopefully today!

My second pair of Jaywalkers will have to wait till either I finish the Monkey socks and empty off my 2.75mm double points or till I can get a set of 2.75mm circs from KnitPicks.

Nothing else started at the moment. I'm hoping to start a BSJ this week, but not if the pattern doesn't come soon.