Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Work in (no) Progress

With the move, I've only managed two fish this week and some tinking/reknitting on the Jaywalkers. So.. no WIP pics this week.


May I present:
"The Secret Language of Knitters" by Mary Beth Temple.

There's a bit of a story behind me getting this book. Last summer I went to my first ever "knitting event". I managed to find my way to Valley Forge so I could look around the marketplace at TKGA's convention. I found out about it too late to go to any classes, but was saved from a total shopping experience by a "Knitty" get together that was planned that day. Three other people showed up, one happened to be Mary Beth. We all went to the mall for some food and conversation. Seems Mary Beth found out about her book getting published earlier that same day! As she's telling us about it, I, the "brazen hussy" (that's how she signed my book to me) said, "Where's my copy". Now, Mary Beth has a great sense of humour and started to laugh. I was also promised a copy once it came out (grin). I don't think I could try that with anyone besides another knitter. I've seen Mary Beth at a few other events since then and always ask her "Where's my book", which always gets a smile. Well, dad brought me my mail yesterday which included a SIGNED copy of Mary Beth's book!


I read this book last night. 156 pages that gives knitters and non-knitters alike a bit of insight into those totally confusing conversations knitters can have when they get together. This book is great! Small enough to fit in my knitting bag so I can pull it out and hand it to my friends/family when they give me that "what the heck did she just say" look but comprehensive enough that they might understand what I say from now on.

Thank you Mary Beth for my book and for finally finding a way to explain S.E.X. to my parents!