Friday, July 27, 2007

YPF

I really didn't want to miss YPF for two weeks in a row, but couldn't figure out what to do short of unpacking a few boxes to find yarn. That's until I started to pack up my closet and found this:

Yes, it is my oldest UFO. How do I know that... well, I started this for a friend's baby, and the baby is almost two years old now. I tried to design a different pattern for each of the four blocks (and was then going to repeat it), but got totally stumped on the fourth block. Now I'm looking at it wondering what on earth I was thinking, and I'm ready to frog it and just knit the white squres without the patterning.

Yarn:
ZarOne
50/50 wool/acrylic
on size 10 1/2 needles

Close up shots:



I like the yarn, it's nice and bouncy and shows stitches really nicely. Bonus, it's washable. Now that I've rediscovered this, maybe I'll get around to finishing it.