Thursday, August 02, 2007

A few finished things, and a great discovery..

For those who don't know, I grew up with NO public transportation. I never took a bus, subway or train till I was in college, and even then it was VERY limited. I've never been comfortable with using buses or trains, though I have figured out the DC Metro (it's rather easy). So, now that I've moved to Philly, I either had to figure out public transportation, or fight for parking spaces. Well, I've figured out the one important bus in my life. It will take me to and from school, to and from CHOP, and to and from Rosie's Yarn Cellar. Yes.. I found a new yarn home. They even have a knit night on Wednesday nights.

Not only did I take the bus to Knit Night, but I also found a yummy little kosher restaurant that's only two blocks from where the same bus lets me off. Anyone want to guess the route number? Remember that school is my life (or will be), knitting is my universe, and food is everything else.

What did I do at knit night? I finished off some projects that have been laying around.
Two Hats for Alex. I've had these sitting around waiting to be seamed up forever. I got through 10 last year, I have one more waiting to be seamed, and one on the needles. I'd like to get through 10 again this year.

My Jaywalkers are done! They are VERY thick, warm socks. I don't think I need to use such a small needle next time, these could almost stand on their own. Turns out, mom couldn't get them on without really tugging, so I took this pair and ordered another skein to make her a slightly larger pair.


I bought a Namaste Messenger bag last week and found the strap dug into my shoulder when I loaded it up... so I took a skein of Noro Kureyon and decided to make a pad for the strap.

Prefelted: 11 inches by 9 inches, though it would stretch out quite a bit


Post felting: (I will NEVER hand felt again.. how do people do slippers that way?) 11inches by 8 inches with no give.

How it will look wrapped around the strap. I need to go buy some velcro for it, but other than that it's all done.

And just because she has NEVER done this before.. May I present Opal in the bathtub.