Saturday, July 28, 2007

I treated myself..

So yesterday, I had to go to the LYS and buy a skein of Lamb's Pride. I finished the Jaywalkers early in the morning and had nothing left out to knit for the rest of the day (I know.. what was I thinking).

I get to the yarn store and sitting on the shelf is this yummy cranberry bag. Now, I start school in about a month, and I've been wondering if I should get a new "professional" type bag or stick to my faithful LL Bean backpack. Well, new bag won, just because I fell in love.

May I present, my new toy! Now, in truth, I'm not sure what qualifies this as a "knitting bag" except maybe the pockets inside of it, but it was much less than most other "knitting bags" and right around the same price as a "normal" messenger bag.



I love the inside fabric!
Okay, guess these could hold a sock or two...Maybe you're supposed to use the outside pockets for wallet and stuff and the inside ones for knitting stuff?

Love the strap, but the lack of padding will have to be addressed. To which end, I think this should make a nice felted cozy for the strap and maybe even a little cell phone pouch.
My parents come over this morning to help me move. I hate moving. The cats are already totally freaked out and I haven't even pulled out their carrier yet. Oh well, new bag to make me smile.