Tuesday, September 18, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Yes I know.. I'm posting early. But tomorrow I'm in clinical from 9-10:30, then classes from 12-1 and 1-4, then I'm hoping to go do something social. Maybe meet a few people. So, I probably wouldn't have gotten to post tomorrow.

Once again, no progress on Rogue. I'm afraid the fish will have to suffer this week so I can start working on Rogue. The fish don't have to be done till December. Only two new fish this week. So instead of lining them all up and not having enough light to take the pic, I took a flash pic of the two new ones along with the 11 skeins I have left to make fish out of. I'm going to need to find more yarn for this blanket.
And of course, my sister is already dropping hints that she wants one. I still have 20 skeins of Kuryeon that I never used, wonder if it would be too itchy and what the fish would end up looking like.

Mom's Monkeys are turning out nicely. This time the yarn is pooling, but in stripes, so it looks interesting.

Once again, the toe is not stitched up. For some reason I can't figure out, mom's socks always need to be longer than I think they should be (and longer than her foot measures out). Maybe I'm not making them wide enough. I'll have to head home and have her try them on when I finish the second one.

And for the one person on earth who hasn't seen these yet:
My KnitPicks Harmony wood interchangable set. There's really only four colours in them. Blue, Green, Purple and what I'm assuming is the natural colour. Soooooo smooth, sooooo pointy. What's not to like? I did order the size 13 tips, and one of them wouldn't thread on the cable, but KnitPicks is sending out a new set of tips.
Closer, pretty shot. This was taken without a flash and is pretty accurate colour wise.

And yes, it was a baby porcupine. Mom and Dad weren't so good about posing for a picture, and for obvious reasons, their owner didn't want to get too close to them. He did try to get dad to pose with a banana, but apparently dad is camera shy.