Sunday, September 24, 2006

Yarn score...

Well, went up to CT to see family for the holiday. Imagine my surprise when I look up the web sites for local yarn stores and see this! Now.. I'm not one to get my hopes up.. but wow.. was this a find! First... the yarn store is cute! Well organized, well stocked, well staffed.. and staffed with just the nicest people you can meet. Denise was wonderful! The store has been there for over 20 years and she's had it for the past two or so. I could have gone nuts, if I hadn't been feeling guilty over the stash.. not to mention Rhinebeck is coming up. I even had to call a friend back in Jersey and ask if she wanted anything the prices were so good. I apoligize for the photos.. but I wanted to get pics up.. so I had to use a flash. Okay.. just looked and the pics are horrible.. I'll upload some in the morning.. but to tease. I got: 3 skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk, 5 assorted colors of Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille for more washcloths, a bumble bee measuring tape and a skein of CTH supersock (that will be gloves, not socks). My aunt bought enough yarn for me to make her a sweater, and three skeins of an olive Cascade for slippers for my cousin. Of course, my mom went crazier over this than I did and bought enough yarn for three more baby sweaters. What a wonderful day of SEX.