Thursday, September 21, 2006

Not much to do but knit..

Well, at the moment, I don't have much to do but sit around and knit.. so, let me show off a bit.

First, we have my Lady Eleanor. I'm using Noro Silk Garden and what you see in the upper right corner is what's left of the second skein. I'm in love with this project, but if all the greens stay on one side, I may need to do some cutting and pasting to get it a bit more even.


Next is Lucy. She's been felted and is the perfect length. I haven't used her yet, but that's just because as much as I love purple, my wardrobe doesn't seem to match it much. (not that there's much in my closet). Not to worry, once I start wearing my winter coat, she'll match perfectly.


For everyone who has ever looked at Brooks Farm's Duet and wondered what they can do with it.. well, here you go. The scarf is made lengthwise, with 330 stitches casted on. The hat is a bit smaller than I normally make them, but does go to just above my ears. That bit in front of the hat is all that's left from the 550 yard skein. Yeah, I cut it a bit close. I'm thinking of writing up the patterns for both and submitting them to Brooks Farm as "what to do with one skein". The patterning doesn' t show up well in the small photos.



Now, for everyone who has ever wanted to play with Burly Spun I present my not yet felted, felted rug. Pattern from "Felted Knits". I need to weave in a few more ends and then take it to mom's for felting. Truthfully, I'm a bit afraid to try and felt it. I love it already.

Last but not least is a plain old black hat. Made of a bit less than one skein of Galway. This is what kept me sane while my head was splitting. Even with a headache, I can't sit still, but knitting anything complicated is impossible.

The killer headache of the past few days seems to finally have broken and I can't thank my doc enough for thinking to give me an IM dose of pain med while in his office. I had to sit around the pharmacy and yell at my insurance carrier and benefits office for about an hour before the benefits people realized they forgot to put my payment into the computer so I could get my meds and not pay a small fortune. Without that dose, I'd have never made it.