Sunday, September 10, 2006

PA Endless Mt. Fiber Festival

So today, we drove 2 1/2 hours to get to the PA Endless Mt. Fiber Festival. It was a rather small fiber fest, which turned out to be good, since it was a first fair for all three of us. Not quite as many spinning supplies for sale as I had hoped, but tons and tons of fleeces, roving and even some pretty yarn. On the way home, we decided to try and get to a yarn/spinning shop, but without a map... well, I ended up a lot further south then I wanted. No problem.. called Twist, asked when they closed.. She closed at 4pm, but said she'd be there till 5pm. We get there around 4:05pm, Jena gets a quick lesson in a drop spindle, and we both walked out happy campers with our new spindles.

Pictures:


A wall of yarn... mmmmmm



Cute fluffy bunny... (not the one I got my angora from)


Largest darn bunny I've ever seen... something like 10 lbs of bunny.. he is the one I got my angora from. Now.. any clue how to spin angora?



Isn't he cute???? I want one of these!


Jena with one of the only friendly sheep we met.. the others all ran away from us. I don't think she knows I took this picture.