Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Not much going on here right now. The nurses are still on strike, and as far as I know, no negotiating sessions have been planned. If this keeps up too long, I may just go back to Alaska for a few months. Enjoy a bit of winter, and help them out a bit.

Went to a knitting group last night. It's amazing how just sitting around with other people and knitting can relax you. (I'm sure the hot chocolate and apple goodie had nothing to do with it)

As for what I'm doing with all this free time. I've gotten a good start on my holiday knitting, though I need to do some designing for the next project. (Sorry, can't say what... I know the person I'm making it for reads this) Your local public library is a wonderful source of things to do. I went yesterday and took out four books and three DVDs. Dad and I (mostly dad) are still working on the third floor. There's actually quite a bit of sheet rock up there now. I'm supposed to be looking for someone to do the taping and painting, so I guess I'll make a few phone calls today.