Friday, September 01, 2006

Bit of this.. bit of that..

Well, in the FO corner we have a cute pair of kid mittens that have found their way into my Dulaan bag. Hopefully, I'll have a whole bag full of hats, mittens and sweaters by next July.

In the "taking forever" corner, we have my Shoalwater Shawl. I'm now at the point where one row takes me a good twenty minutes, so it's very slow going. I have 1 1/2 more repeats till I get to try the edging. It's a beautiful shawl, and I rented lots of movies from the library today, so hopefully I'll get a lot done this weekend (it's supposed to rain all weekend).

In the "I hope this works" corner, we have a finished swatch for the felted rug out of "Felted Knits". I'm REALLY hoping there's a mistake in the gauge as they printed it, otherwise, this is going to be a much longer rug then the directions say. I managed to get the unfelted gauge of 8 stitches and 13 rows to four inches, though I had to go up to 17s to do it. BUT... after felting the gauge square (and it says you only felt till it's tightened up, not till you can't see the stitches) I'm getting 9 1/2 and 18 rows per four inches, while the book says 24 rows in four inches. That's a really big difference. Anyone else ever made this thing???

And in our last corner.. design world; there are currently two projects just sitting there. One is a skein of Brooks Farms Duet(so soft.. so fuzzy.. I love this stuff) that I think is going to become a lengthwise garter stitch scarf, once I can get myself to sit down and cast on over 300 stitches. The other is a bunch of SWTC bamboo that I can't find the perfect pattern for, so I'm trying to come up with my own.. only problem is, everything I start I end up frogging.

The bonus for today was a trip to the dentist to get a crown fitted on... now that was over six hours ago and I still have a numb spot on my cheek, but on the plus side.. it hasn't started to ache yet.