Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I had enough!!!

Okay, okay, I know.. two posts in one day. When I updated this morning, I didn't realize I was going to get so much knitting done today... or that my goodies were going to be dropped off by the nice man in the UPS truck... so

We have a HAT... I know, it's no big deal right? WRONG! This hat is made out of the wonderful Cascade Pastaza that my wonderful secret pal Turtlegirl sent to me. She sent the yarn for a Lucy bag (pictures of unfelted bag below and please excuse my toes) and I was so in love with it I didn't want to make the bag out of it. Turns out.. either you only needed a smidge over three skeins to make the bag, or I was stingy and really wanted some left over! With Lucy done, I had almost a full skein left, and once again, afraid I'd run out of yarn I started a simple top down hat. As you can see, the hat is done and looks great on me.. though it might be hard to tell with the camera covering my face.











Also in the news today... the wondeful UPS guy (well, I truthfully don't know if it's a guy or gal) dropped off a package for me while I was out at the library. Inside we find not one, but two (I did get them on sale) Lantern Moon needle cases. I've been wanting one of these forever, and they NEVER go on sale (well, almost never). Now, I'm trying to decide if I keep both, or if mom gets one for Hannukah... and since she might see this post it won't be much of a surprise.

Finished in the gift department lately... two hats made from a worsted potluck skein of CTH that I got at the sale last year. Now that I've used one of the skeins from my grab bag, does this mean I can buy more???