Sunday, June 11, 2006

Lots of Yarn!!!

I'm in LOVE... okay, maybe not in love.. but still. A bunch of knittyboarders met in NYC today to get Zephyr laceweight yarn... We all went in thinking we'd get a whole cone of this and half a cone of that till someone said (and I really can't remember who) "why don't we do thirds?" All of a sudden, my yarn budget went a lot further and got me so many more colours!!!

See what came home with me??? The white is a half a cone, everything else is a third.

It took us about an hour to pick everything out then a bit over three hours to wind it all! We had some issues with the yarn not wanting to stay on the winder. Wish I had remembered to take pictures. Sara was wonderful about letting us stay and untangle a few of our messes. Jena (whichendisup) remembered to bring her own winder and a digital scale which made life SO much easier! She also drove me in. Thanks Jena!!