Friday, May 26, 2006

200 miles to go...






We have about 200 miles till we hit the twin cities, and we really don't want to get there tonight, so we're goofing off at the library again... The plus side, this one has wireless, so I'm on my own computer... So much easier to use your own, I was able to put up the pictures I promised. I think I've taken over 400 pictures on this trip so far, do you have any idea how hard it is to pick just a few???

In the theme of wasting time today, we goofed off a bit in Sioux Falls this morning. I found both LYS. The first one I found was called Yarn Knit on 8th st. In a really cool old building that's been fixed up a lot. She carries quite a selection of yarn, and was friendly. I'm being good though and didn't buy anything. Shopping for your secret pal is quite hard. That, and trying not to give it away. Second store was Athena Fibers (I love the name). It was in an old Victorian style house (apparently, it used to be a tea house). Room after room of yarn and fiber! Big Bonus, she had my 40 inch needles so now I can try Magic Loop. Also a great selection of yarn. I could probably live in Sioux Falls. They've got a Children's Hospital, got two yarn shops.. all I'd need to order online would be my CTH and Lorna's Laces.

The city also has a neat butterfly house, but yikes it was hot in there. I took some pictures, but I think eskimo pie is going to have enough problems keeping up with the ones above, so I'll wait on these.