Friday, March 12, 2010

Water, water everywhere..

***WARNING, Loopy Ewe Sock club pictures included in this post***











As I sit here listening to the rain come down (with the occasional thunder clap) I'm taking the sock that I've been working on all week to the frog pond.

Why you ask? The pattern that came with this month's sock club kit includes slipped stitches along the top of the foot to break up the striping. The stitches are slipped for two rounds before being knit again. While the pattern is easy to memorize and looks visually interesting, it pulls in your knitting unless you knit _REALLY_ loose. It is pulling in so much that my sock that measures 10 inches long doesn't fit my foot.

Oh well, time to frog and start over. I really like how the bottom of the sock is turning out, so I may do a nice, simple, plain sock.


March sock club selection with the two shawl sticks that came in the package. The non-sock pattern included this month was a cute little shawl/scarf.
The top.
The bottom