Saturday, February 27, 2010

Is pregnancy contagious?

I've come to the conclusion that working at a large pediatric center means you are going to be surrounded by pregnant women.

I've already made (and given)two baby gifts and need six (I think) more in the next four months.

I found washable wool on sale, so I have 10 skeins of blue, 10 of raspberry, 3 of the green and 15 red (DK weight) in the stash at the moment.

Only two of the women know what sex the baby is, so I need a lot of gender neutral designs. I didn't want to make a BSJ out of worsted weight (the last one turned out huge), so I needed to find a few new patterns.

Here's the first of the six. This one is for someone who knows the baby is a boy.


Close up of the cute buttons I got on sale today.


Pattern: Mitred U Baby Jacket - apparently free on her web site, though I used it out of the 2005 calendar (had to use it sometime)
Yarn: Moda Dea Washable Wool
Needles: Size 5 (and it claimed to be worsted weight yarn)
Mods: Couldn't figure out how to make the edging pretty the way it was written, so I used short rows instead.