Sunday, December 20, 2009

I'm confused...

Most sock yarn comes in 100gm skeins and is more than enough for me to make a pair of socks out of.

I discovered tonight that my first pair of Wollmeise socks took up 125gm of yarn. Now it is a thicker yarn and I did still knit it on 1.5's with a gauge of 9stitches/inch but still.

It looks like the second pair will also take up a bit of yarn. The first sock weighs in at 62gm. Both socks are from Cat Bordhi's Pathways book.

So, here is my question.

Is it the sock yarn? Do all Wollmeise socks take up more yarn?

Or, more importantly (since I just destashed all the leftover Wollmeise)

Is it the different pathways in Cat Bordhi's book that take up so much yarn? Will I need to weigh out my skeins into two separate balls before knitting anymore socks from her book?