Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rhinebeck is over...

what's a girl to do? Well, K and I packed up the car and headed north. We eventually ended up in Manchester, Vermont and decided to look for a place to stay. (and yes, the song from Hair has been going through my head for weeks).

We ended up at a nice bed and breakfast a bit out of town. Town itself was rather expensive. Seems that Orvis has a fly fishing school there, there are outlets where the sale items start at $150 for a 3x4 change purse and a resort.

What did we do? Besides a bunch of relaxing? I started spinning up one of my mystery bumps, K finished off her gator scarf and we went wandering.

Our first day of wandering led to a nice little yarn shop where I didn't get anything but K was drooling over the loom she had set up.

Our second day of wandering led up north and we found the most amazing and friendly yarn shop where this came home with me.
It's mink! well, okay, it's only 70% mink, the rest is cashmere. Whatever it becomes will be worn next to my skin... hmmmm.

Our third day of wandering, wasn't so much wandering as it was amazing. That was the day that I got to participate in an intro to falconry (though I used a hawk). Sooooo cool!


Meet Tavish.