Friday, December 04, 2009

HELP!

This showed up on my doorstep today. As some of you may know, Warm Woolies is shutting down shop at the end of this year. They have been my knitting charity of choice for the past few years and on one of the ravelry groups, we were asked why we knit for them.

It was supposed to be a contest with one winner, but I guess they have a lot of yarn to get rid of, cause I wasn't the winner.

It's a box full of wonderful yarns (the computer's camera doesn't exactly capture it) that I've never knit with. The Synchronicity hiding in the bag will probably turn into some type of shawl (there are 10 skeins there, which isn't enough for a sweater for me). What is buried under it in the pic are the two circular needles (one a Lantern Moon!), two sets of double points and four pattern books.

What do I do with the Fixation and the Serenade?

There are 17 skeins of the cotton/elastic fixation. I'm not even sure I'll be able to knit a yarn that has elastic in it without turning my hands all red.

There are 12 skeins of cotton/angora Serenade, which I'm thinking of something for my grandmother in Florida, but I'm not sure.

I'm not a huge fan of knitting with cotton, so even the soft angora might not make up for the 70% cotton.

I'm not greedy, if someone has a good idea for some of this, I'm willing to share (some of it). I hate to hold on to it for the next SP swap, could you imagine a box with 17 skeins of blue fixation???