Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Still haven't learned...

Yep, the blanket is not done.  As of 5pm today, I have ONE more horizontal join to do between rows 4 and 5.  I lucked out and had three skeins of cascade 220 in black hiding in the stash, so I used black to crochet it together.  The only problem is that now, since I've already missed my deadline, I want to crochet around the whole blanket to give it a finished edge.

Why is that a problem?  Well, I only had three skeins to start with and that's how many it took to join the rows together.  So... now I need to either 1. buy more (oh yeah.. it's Christmas)  2. trade for it (which will probably take too long) 3. Use a different black (I have one that is slightly lighter than the one I used) 4. Not edge it and just deal with it or 5.  Not edge it now, but give it to sister and edge later.

Meanwhile, I gave my sister a polar bear stuffie last night so I had something to give her at the family celebration.  She now wants baby polar bears.  Anyone know of a sport weight or fingering weight white yarn that felts?