Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Warm socks...

I finished these last night.  Nice, thick, warm socks!

Yarn: Brooks Farm Solana (Rhinebeck 2008)
Needles: Size 3
Pattern: Widdershins
Mods: altered the toe increases and the increases for the gusset to get the look I wanted.
Cuff: 2x1 rib

I think this is the quickest I've ever knit up Rhinebeck yarn.  It's less than a month since I got it.

I love how the heel on this pattern turns out.  I need to sit down and figure out the generic formula for the heel.  Right now, it only works for my worsted weight socks.  I can't imagine knitting fingering weight socks at 7 stitches/inch.

There has been forward movement on the fish blanket, but since my sister has requested no previews and occasionally reads this, I have to send you to the Ravelry page for it if you want to see.  I apologize to those who don't have access to Ravelry.  I'm afraid you'll have to wait till I give it to her to see the blanket.  Any suggestions on fish layout would be more than appreciated.