Sunday, November 02, 2008

Lots of semi-FO

This one is really a WIP.  I started them last night.  I love how the heel turns out, though I modified the toe and the gusset increases to get them to turn out how I wanted.

Pattern: Modified Widdershins from Knitty - Summer 2006
Yarn: Brooks Farm Solana
Needles: Size 3 

Next up... a project that's taken me almost two years to finish.  Well, most of that time involved me procrastinating.  I just don't like to seam.  I still need to block this a bit.  I'm hoping it doesn't grow too much.  On the advice of a friend, I made the sleeves longer than called for and then already reach to just above my thumb.
Pattern: Rogue
Yarn: Jaeger Shetland Aran (80% wool, 20% alpaca)
Needles: size 8

These weren't on the needles nearly as long as Rogue, but I did start them back in February.  I guess I hit a sock block.
Pattern: 2x2 rib sock
Yarn: Ellen's Half Pint Farm wool/bamboo
Needles: 2.5mm

I continued the ribbing down the foot because I'm not sure how much the yarn will bounce back once stretched.  Guess I'll find out as I wear them.  I REALLY like how the colors mixed together when knit up.

A few weeks ago, I bought a skein of Malabrigo.  I have a skein of the worsted in my stash, but haven't knitted it up yet.  One of the problems with living somewhere temporarily is that my stash is still packed up.  I've been limited to knitting with the yarn that I've recently bought (hence using yarn I got at Rhinebeck '08 already).  A search of what to do with one skein came up with a neck warmer.  These aren't finished yet, I've decided to add buttons since pulling anything over my head causes instant friz.
Pattern: Ilean
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted
Needles: Size 8
This was knit out of the leftovers, so I knit lengthwise to make sure it would fit around my neck but used the same stitch pattern.