Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Get-a-way

As I sit here waiting in limbo between graduate school, boards and finding my grown up job, I decided that a change of scenery was needed.

So I called up one of my girlfriends from school who is as anti-social as I can be and asked if she wanted to get away for the weekend.

She was more than happy to join me... though I did have to make a detour to Philly to pick her up (no car, and even if she could rent one, she hasn't driven in years)

We headed up to the Jim Thorpe area.  There's a little place up there where I love to stay.  It's warm, friendly and won't cost you a week's pay.

Turns out, this weekend was the first of three weekends to celebrate the fall foliage up in Jim Thorpe.  We drove up Friday, went into town on Saturday and wandered around, then got to make fun of all the people sitting in traffic waiting to get into town (and it was a good three or four miles of traffic) as we drove back to our little haven and enjoyed our outdoor campfire for the rest of the evening.

Bet you're expecting pictures of the fall foliage... yeah, it was beautiful, the trees were all red and orange.. but this is what really caught my eye...


Now, this plate was attached to the most unique car I've ever seen...








No way you miss this car in a parking lot.