Thursday, October 16, 2008

Best Bags EVER

As I procrastinate the packing of EVERYTHING I own for a weekend at Rhinebeck, I find myself more in love with the two bags I've bought this year.

1. The bag for my Fricke Folding Wheel


A reminder of how Oliver looks sitting in the bag.  When I bought it, I loaded Oliver in the main compartment.  In the front zipper section (which you can't see in this picture), I loaded four bobbins and a bunch of roving I was working on.  

What I didn't realize at the time, was that I had a TON more room in the bag.  See... the treadle for Oliver is held away from the wheel by a wooden block, which leaves about five inches or so of usable space.  As I've been packing for Rhinebeck, and trying not to carry too many bags at once, I've now filled that area with the knitting projects I'm bringing along with me.

2.  Tom Bihn's Aeronaut

This is a maximum size carry on bag that I bought to replace the luggage that was stolen out of my apartment.  I packed for a seven day trip in it and wasn't too impressed, since I had packed VERY minimally.

Again, as I pack for this weekend, it has swallowed everything I've thrown in.  A man's XL Northface Winter Jacket, with the fluffy liner in it, is laying in the bottom of the main compartment.  In the large packing cube I got, I fit a pair of jeans, 3 pairs underwear, 1 bra, 3 t-shirts, 2 pairs heavy socks, one set of scrub pants, and a worn out t-shirt to wear to sleep.  I could probably get more into that. I've also managed to fit in the main section my dragon scarf, fingerless gloves, ear warmer and will lay my computer between the packing cube and the jacket before I go.

One end pocket is reserved for toiletries and electrical cords (it's pretty much empty)

The other end pocket is holding my Lady Eleanor (10 skeins of yarn worth of shawl), my Shoalwater shawl, and my flip top mitts.

I'm amazed at all it's holding.  I'll have to take pictures of everything laid out once the weekend is over.