Friday, October 24, 2008

Rhinebeck Day 2...

I didn't take nearly as many pictures on Sunday as I did on Saturday.  We got there early Sunday morning and there were no crowds, so I could actually get into the booths.
First stop, the fleece sale.  I looked around but didn't see any that caught my eye.  Well, that's not true, there was a black fleece that I liked the look of, but I didn't want another 5lb fleece.  I still haven't done much of anything with the one I got at Maryland this year.
Mom shopping for a basket.  She spent quite a bit of time there, but finally found one she liked.

I love his outfit, there is something about a man in a kilt.  You can visit with D. here at his blog.  I'm glad he comes up for the festival, I'm not sure I'll ever make it down his way to visit.  Are there any fiber festivals in Texas?

He also took some great pictures of me breaking down the Holiday Wheel.  The link to his flickr set is on his blog.

Around noon, we headed to the pumpkin chucking contest.  I tried to get a picture of the pumpkins soaring through the air but my camera (or my reflexes) just was not fast enough.  They had a bunch of high school and community college teams competing there.  They had to shoot for accuracy, since shooting for distance in previous years resulted in pumpkins leaving the fair grounds.

Amazingly enough, Rhinebeck is so much more fun when you aren't focused on buying.  I loved taking a class (oh... I forgot to snap pictures of my soap.  Next time).  I think next year I'll try for at least one class and pay more attention to the other events that are going on around the fairgrounds.