Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I might just make it...

One of my girlfriends from school is getting married this fall.  She liked my Lady Eleanor so much that I offered to make her one for the wedding.   About a month ago, I got her wedding invitation and imagine my surprise when the date was moved up by over a month.  Now... there's a very valid reason for moving up the wedding... but it means that I can't make it to Arizona for the wedding.  It also meant that I had to start the shawl and finish it quickly.  It was originally going to be my October project.

It's amazing what you can do when you have to (and work night shift doing home care).

I sent the shawl off today, via priority mail.  I'm REALLY hoping it gets there before the wedding on Saturday.





Pattern: Lady Eleanor
Modifications: added an extra square to the width.  Changed the fringe.
Needles: Size 10
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden - 10 skeins