Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rhinebeck, Day One

Hi P.!  We missed you today.

Warning: pic heavy post.

Start of the day... we all know what booth that is.  Amazingly enough, this year, they brought enough stock to refill the shelves and the line continued all through the afternoon.

Everyone else went to the Fold, we all went to Brook's Farm.  Ran into V. and company there.
Yarn pose, just for you P.
M. waiting in line with her STR haul.  She actually was quite restrained this year.

I, however, was not restrained.... See that small wheel on the table?  It was the first year that the creator was showing it, the first show he'd ever been to... and I was his first sale.  Yes, I bought a new wheel.  It will have two ratios 6:1 and 12:1 and packs down into a small tote bag.  I've been wanting a smaller wheel for a few years and when I sat down to spin on this, I heard music (well, not literally)
We kept walking around and ran into J.  You can see I finally got a peanut butter cookie.   I forgot to take a picture of her spindles... sorry J.
J. was on a mission to try every wheel there today.  Here she is playing with a folding Lendrum.
This is N.  She's our sixth house mate this year.  We didn't really know her prior to this weekend.  Funny enough, she fits right in with the rest of us and you'd never know we just met.  She was playing with a Victoria here.
We took a felting soap class, I had to take a picture of their bunny soaps.  They have bunny related names on Ravelry that I forgot to write down..

And the dessert at the end of the night Ravelry party.  It was so crowded we almost left.  Good thing we didn't, J. won three skeins of Yak yarn and N. won a book.

There are quite a few people missing this year... It's not the same without you gals.