Sunday, August 31, 2008

Vacation

I still don't have a job, but at least I got to take a vacation. My mother, sister and I took a five day cruise around the Caribbean. It was a great trip, with no thoughts of school work or the socks that I haven't finished (I started them in Feb). We sailed on Carnival to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.  This was basically a sit on the beach cruise, as there is NOTHING else to do in Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay.  Don't get me wrong, they offer the typical excursions in both ports (snorkeling, scuba, kayak, etc...) but the excursions were more money then I was willing to spend.  Nassau is a fun island, with quite a bit to do.  I've been there around ten times and can still find something new to do when I go.  This time, we went swimming with dolphins.  Also not a cheap excursion, but my sister paid for it as a graduation gift for me.

Swimming with the dolphins.  We were with a group of ten people and each got a chance to hug them, dance with them, feed them, kiss them and rub their backs and bellies.  At the end of the program, we got to slide across the lagoon with the dolphins pushing on our feet!
I bought a waterproof, digital camera for this trip.  All the pictures were taken with it.  As you can see, it works pretty well.  I'm much happier with the pictures I got from it versus the disposable I used last time.

A shot of the ship and a tender at Half Moon Cay.  Half Moon Cay is a private island.  The beach is great but there's NO shade and I managed to burn myself rather badly.

One of the things Carnival does really well.  The room stewards are fantastic (Thank you Jun!).  They also leave you cute little animals on your bed each night.
Mom, me and R. after the dolphin swim.  I don't have a lot of pictures of me during the swim, but that may be because I was the one with the camera.

All in all, a great vacation.   The ship's Captain managed to avoid the storms and we had wonderful weather the whole trip.  I met someone the first day of the trip and he was a large part of why it was so much fun.