Thursday, September 11, 2008

Getting excited about Rhinebeck!

Rhinebeck is going to be bitter sweet for me this year.  My girlfriend from school is getting married on the same weekend in Arizona.  The wedding was originally in November and I was really looking forward to going, but there's no way I can get it together for October.

On the plus side, I finally signed up to take a class.  This will be my first ever class at one of the sheep and wool festivals and I'm excited.  Oddly enough, it has nothing to do with knitting or spinning.  J. and I are taking the felted soap class on Saturday afternoon.

Which mostly means that I'll have to make sure to hit Brooks Farm early in the morning and worry about everything else on Sunday.  Since I'm still broke and unemployed, this may be a good thing.  $45 for a three hour class, I could spend WAY more than that in three hours.

I'll be sharing a house with my mom and some friends again this year.  Plus, I'll be up there early on Friday (so I can get to the CIA and get my apple pie).  I may have to invite a few people over on Friday night to celebrate all that has happened since August (I'm taking my boards Sept 26th, so I'm being a typical superstitious nurse and not saying anything else).

A few more vacation shots... (since all my yarn is packed)

The trainer threw a football for the dolphin as a treat after doing what he was supposed to do.  I was happy to get this picture, my camera doesn't have the fastest shutter speed.
Midnight buffet on the cruise, I love the carving and decorations... didn't eat a thing though.
Where we went for the dolphin adventure in case any of you are ever down in Nassau and want to go.


My mom with the dolphin, isn't that CUTE????