Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I made a decision today..

Many of you know of my current conundrum. I'm at a point in my life where it's time to find a new job and a new place to live, but how to choose. Do I find my dream job and live wherever it takes me or do I find my dream location and take whatever job is there?

I spent today at my friend's house in Hellertown. He was kind enough to give up his hammock so I could have somewhere to dry the fleece that I washed out in his bathtub. While doing all this (and after I was done), I spent a good six hours out in his backyard watching the birds and enjoying the fresh air.

I've finally realized, that I need a back yard. You spend more time at home then you do at work (or at least you should) I'm not talking about a 10x10 area with some grass, I'm talking at least 1/4 acre (preferably 1+ or a smaller one backing an undeveloped area). Since I don't like long commutes, this effectively limits the areas I can look.

I think Hershey is moving to the head of the list, though Minneapolis is still a possibility. I'm not sure about Rochester since it's been a while since I visited up there, but I think that it could still be on the list.