Saturday, September 20, 2008

I do still knit...

I've been in a bit of a knitting funk lately.  I haven't been enjoying it nearly as much as I used to.  The warm summer just makes me never want to look at wool again, and it didn't help that I had two projects that have been just lounging around forever.

#1: No picture, because they're not done... the pair of socks I started in FEBRUARY!!!!  UGH, I'm just not in a sock mood lately.

#2: A gift for my preceptor.  She ice skates and wanted very fitted leg warmers.  So I took her measurements at her ankle, at the bottom of her calf and the top, plus the length of her leg and designed these...





Not the best yarn choice, but I needed something warm and in a DK weight.  There aren't many of those in my stash, so I chose this one.   It's Decadent Fiber's Pulled Taffy that I bought many years ago from their orphan bin.  I knit these two at a time from the same center pull ball via magic loop.  What I soon noticed, and what you can kinda see in the first picture, is that the yarn on the outside of the ball was a much lighter pink than the yarn on the inside.  I'm going to soak them for a bit and see if the dark one fades a bit.  My first try at a knee height "sock".  I need to find a better way to increase, but other than that I'm happy with them.  Actually, I'm happy they're done, by the middle of the project, it weighed a ton on the needles.  

#3: Still working on the fish blanket, it's going faster now that it's colder out.