Saturday, November 03, 2007

Yikes.. it's Sat night...

I realize I missed YPF this week. Sorry about that. I finally got my first round of exams over and done with and handed in a paper on Thursday so Friday morning I decided to get ahead a bit. Of course, I'm not really getting ahead on my work, I'm just doing all the extra work they can't fit into the semester so they make it self paced with a take home test.

For those who are curious, I'm doing well so far. I learned the novel concept of curving an exam this week and how it can land someone with a grade above 100%. (Still seems odd to me).

I find out my clinical placement for spring and summer one this coming week. I think... we have a meeting on Tuesday and I'm assuming that's on the agenda, since the other two specialties already got their placements. Almost all the placements are at CHOP, so I guess it doesn't really matter where I end up. I'm also hoping they tell us if we need to be back early or what we need to do before spring clinical because I have plane tickets for Alaska over break.

I'm currently pondering about the heat in my apartment. I have steam radiators, that seem to go from so hot you can't get near them to totally cold. Seems like someone turns the heat on and off on a whim. Good thing I have lots of warm knitted clothes! I'm currently wearing a pair of socks I made out of Lamb's Pride Bulky to keep my feet warm. Of course, they don't match.. I made them out of leftovers from hats that I gave to the staff at Halo Bay. I had originally wanted to make them for the cook there, he was VERY nice to us, but I ran out of yarn, so they're mine.

Okay... back to eyes and ears. Anyone want to be my practice dummy?

ETA: pair of sock? Jeeze... doesn't anyone proof read this thing (grin)