Sunday, October 28, 2007

Finally.. a cat success

Now over the years, I've made my girls a kitty pi bed, multiple felted toys (with catnip in them), and little felted rugs for them to play with. They've turned their noses up at it ALL.. until today!

Warning: pic heavy


This is the toy I'm trying to replace. I bought it well over three years ago now, and haven't been able to find another one since. This is Seasa's favorite toy. I've taken to hiding it, since it's so beat up and she will sit in front of the closet and meow for me to come play with her. You swing this around, and she'll do backflips to try and get to it.


As you can see, Seasa has really loved this toy to death. The eyes are once again falling off, they've only been repaired about ten times already.

When she finally gets a hold of it, she likes to chew on it. There are three holes on this side, and two on the other. I just repaired a few other holes on the body a month or so ago.

A comparison of the two together. The new one is a bit heavier, and the legs didn't quite turn out how I would have liked.. but on the plus side Opal isn't scared of this one and is currently playing with it as I type.

A closer view. Basically just two sock toes, stuffed with some wool. I will admit to adding catnip. The legs are crochet chains. I originally braided them, but it was too flimsy... this is almost too stiff. I may make another one, but it was sport weight wool and I made it on zeros. I have the black and blue mark on my finger to prove it!




A few pictures of Seasa playing with her new toy. This is a play with mommy toy, hence my blue slippered feet in the pictures.