Thursday, November 08, 2007

Blanket Update

There are now 55 fish (though only 54 in the picture). I've managed to go through all the yarn I currently have in my stash and I'm now waiting for a few swaps to get here for more fish yarn.


Now here's my dilemma. As laid out here, the blanket is about 52 inches wide and 56 inches long (if I had that missing fish in there). If I make it only four fish wide, it's about 42 inches wide and 66 inches long.

This is a gift, that needs to fit a twin sized bed. Well... it doesn't need to really fit the bed, but needs to fit the man on the bed at least. Do I make it five fish wide, or is four okay? Or should I be going for six? It's spread out over a queen sized aerobed, so I think five is wide enough, but I'm not sure if I can cut it down to four and have a better chance of finishing it.

Ideas?