Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm crying..

Yes, I'm crying. (Well, by now I've stopped, but I cried all the way home from the post office). This story starts with a lazy post person who doesn't like to have to carry boxes if he/she doesn't know someone's home. So yesterday, I look in the mail box to find one of those damn "sorry we missed you" notes. I say damned because I was home all morning. I already got my two orders from knit picks, so unless I was sleep buying (I'd never rule it out) I wasn't expecting a package. Do you have any idea how much this mystery package monopolized my thoughts for the rest of the day (and night)? I was trying to figure out who could have sent it, and kept my brain so busy I couldn't fall asleep.

Fast forward to today, where after five hours of sleep, I get up, get dressed and head to the post office. The mail lady there brings out this nice sized box and I'm sitting there looking at the return addy while complaining to the manager about my post person. I know it's no one in the family, or in my yahoo email friend list because it was sent to the old address and had to be forwarded (thank you uncle sam for that one!). I hit the car and finally figure out who I think it's from. Now I can't wait to open it! Hence the crying all the way home from the post office. See, a few months ago, I sent some roving to a knitty friend. It wasn't great roving, but it did allow for more practice time on a new wheel. She very nicely spun it up and dyed it, then made a bag out of it. I've been looking at her bags on her blog and thinking to myself how wonderful they turned out and that I might actually be tempted to carry one of those. (for those who don't really know me, I own ONE purse and it's more like a knitting pouch with a long strap). Have you guessed what was in the box yet?
You got it! Poops sent me her first bag!!!!! I love it!!!! Now do you see why I was crying?
A few of the inside lining, complete with pocket. I love the fabric!
Mirror shot of me with the bag. I know we all hate mirror shots, but until I teach the cats to take a picture, well, it's the only way!
Card that came with it... I couldn't say it any better right now. Thank You Poops! This was a wonderful surprise!

Oh.. if you're looking for YPF.. it will have to be YPS this week.. nothing shall take away from the "Ruby Red". For those who might want their own original Poops creation, her blog is here.