Saturday, August 25, 2007

Knitty Philly Fest

Warning: Pic HEAVY post..

I joined the party Sat morning around 11am at Rosie's. You'll have to refer to artsygal's or trillian42's blogs for details on hotel activities..

We started at Rosie's, where they had OJ, donuts and fruit for us to munch on. Better yet.. Courtney had lovely bags with fun gifts in them too! (of course.. I forgot to take a pic of that..)


Everyone milling around, figuring out who is who and going for the OJ and donuts.
Courtney (with the darker hair).. one of our lovely hostesses for the morning!

The Monkey Bag group picture... though we did leave someone out.. and Trillian42 is only holding one of her FOUR bags!

Group shot... though again, not everyone.. it's hard to find a spot in Rosie's where sixteen people can stand together!

Trillian42 finishing Le Fug. Yes... it is quite an unusual knit..

Next, we headed south, and had lunch. I'm not quite sure what the people in this place thought when this huge crowd carrying lots and lots of yarn walked in, but they did hide us in a back room!
View one...
and view two.. note the knitting while we're waiting for food!

Finished lunch right around 3pm, and headed the two blocks to Loop for our afternoon knitting session.
My friend MBT and her daughter... Yes she's an author of a knitting book... but not who we really all came to visit with...

May I present:
Not Trillian's head.. that's Amy Knitty behind her! Now you ask.. why didn't a get a better pic? Well, I was sitting next to her for almost the whole time we were there and was very intently trying to finish the heel on my second monkey sock.. so I didn't actually pull out the camera. Plus, how rude is it to shove a camera in her face? There are some other pics of here that I'm not willing to post till someone else post their's or Amy Knitty gives me permission.

From here we invaded a tiny little restaurant to have cheese steaks for dinner, and then I headed for the bus stop and back home. I believe the rest of the crowd decided to go for water ice.

Till tomorrow.. and Twist!