Tuesday, July 10, 2007

All is good in my world

Well, at least in the non-knitting part of it. I got my final loan approval notice yesterday, which means I don't have to work at all while I'm in school this coming year. Today I hiked into Philly in the most g-d awful heat, walked around for five hours and left with a signed lease for a great little apartment. It's a bit farther from campus than I had planned, but the rental company offers a shuttle service. Plus, I would have barely gotten a studio for the same price if I stuck close to campus. Right now, I'm planning on getting the keys on July 25th. I know.. why so long if I already signed the lease? Well, between now and then the rental company needs to have someone come in and do the wood floors, and the 25th is the first time I have more than one day off in a row that doesn't include a Sunday. They gave me this month for free... which worked out nicely since I really didn't want to sign a lease till Aug 1st.

As for the knitting part.. it's too hot to knit. I've run out of pics to upload to ravelry and I'm way too tired to start taking pics of and organizing my stash. Heck... it's even too hot to spin, my merino was sticking to my fingers.

Edited to add: Okay, I couldn't wait to play with ravelry.. so I used what few plastic bags I had and posted my Lamb's Pride stash... soon pics shall follow.