Wednesday, June 27, 2007

WIP

Missing from these pics are my Rogue (it's too hot to touch it, let alone knit on it), my current sock project (I left it in my work locker) and my shoal water shawl (I just didn't have a space with enough light to take a pic of it).

The weather here has been hot and humid and well, I don't have an air conditioner. Now, my apartment has 12 inch thick brick walls and is very shaded, but it finally got hot enough that I was forced to go looking in my stash for something besides wool to work with. Of course, I can't knit cotton for any length of time without having wrist issues, so I had to start something else as well.
So we start out with a reverse bloom washcloth. I love this pattern, even though I HATE weaving in ends. Once upon a time I found the Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille for $3 a skein and bough eight of them to make these up in different colours.
By the time I had joined up all the petals, my hand and wrist hurt so I pulled out a skein of hemp/cotton and started a washcloth with that. This was the yarn I had bought to make string bags out of, but since my first one died on it's first mission I decided to re-purpose the yarn.
My Noro Big Kureyon scarf that is currently sitting in my never to be finished pile. Why you ask, when I'm so close to the end? Well, the second skein of yarn didn't have the same colour repeats and I don't have that final grey/brown section. Still looking for a skein of the #8 colour.
And can you guess my last project? I decided to use this as a stash buster. Knitting with bulky yarns (or double worsted) on size 10's - 11's

And here's the rest of the finished ones.. I figure I only need about another 20 or 30 so more fish.