Saturday, June 23, 2007

Spinning Class

Warning: Pic heavy post
Wonderful Maria arranged a spinning class for a group of us on Friday evening. Meet Julie, along with her husband Anthony, she runs Foxcross Farms. They raise champion Romneys and show both the sheep and their fleeces (not to mention the yarn that Julie spins from them).

I got to class first (even though I was 10 minutes later than we agreed to start). No one else was there yet, so Julie took me out to meet the sheep. Thankfully I had boots in the car. She still had a set of twin rams left, I have no idea which one is which... one of the boys is sold and going to a new home soon.



Isn't he just too cute... makes you want one..


Group shot.. Julie poured some feed into their bowl and they all ran. She keeps them coated, and I never really knew till yesterday how much it helps. You wouldn't believe how much whiter their fleece was under the coats.


Here are the two boys together... I missed the shot of them trying to nurse from mom.


Finally other people arrived, and I got to play with the baby chickens (again, no pics) while they amused the sheep.

We went inside to spin.. and I wish I had taken pics because Julie and Anthony live in this GREAT old house that's been added onto over the years (since somewhere around the early 1800's).
See.. told you I wouldn't remember names... Plying up some of the singles we spun up.


Everyone at their wheels. Maria brought her Victoria (yes, I'm in love).

Maria with the roving we were using.... I leave the rest up to your imagination.

Julie's husband Anthony working on one of the wheels. They used to sell the Fricke wheels, and he used to put them together. He teaches at the high school I graduated from.

End of the night.. we were all playing with the pretty little Victoria. It was a great class, well worth the money and the trip. It's always nice to see my knitty friends!

On another note... I'm learning that either people don't read my blog, or have no idea what mistake I made on my wheel... so... I will change the contest to anyone who posts a right or wrong answer. See below for details.