Thursday, June 14, 2007

More Yarn Pr0n Thursday..

I know it's really Yarn Pr0n Friday, but since I'm online now and don't want to miss it... well... anyway. This week, more yarn pr0n off my spinning wheel. This time from Rhinebeck. I'll admit, most of my stash is blue, purple and green, or some combination thereof. This was a mystery wool roving I picked up because I liked the color.


What I didn't realized... and I'll freely admit that there is still a LOT I don't know about spinning, is that the roving above would turn into this:


Now.. I think I'm in love with this stuff. If I remember correctly I bought eight ounces. I've already spun up one bobbin full, and I'm working on the second. My spinning is getting more even, but I still have quite a ways to go. Though I'm not hiding any huge slubs on the back of the bobbin this week.

As an update to last week.. I've wound the single off the bobbin into a center pull ball... now I just have to free up a bobbin so I can ply it..

It's a little darker than you see here, but I didn't realize how much the red tones show up in the yarn till I had it wound up.