Friday, June 01, 2007

Yarn Pr0n Friday - MSW

I finally got around to taking pics of my two new additions from Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Yes... you heard right, I only bought two things (well.. five skeins of one.. but since it's all one yarn it still counts as one... right?)

First, we have Brooks Farm's new superwash wool, Solana. 320 yards of soft, yummy goodness. I'm always in trouble when I see their booth. This was bought to make socks out of. I wear clogs in the winter that just don't fit well unless I have a bulkier than normal sock on. (I bought them wearing Thorlos)

And the best part of it all... (well, see above)... I LOVE their orphan piles!

Next, a yarn company I hadn't tried before, let alone the yarn. This stuff is soooo soft. I bought all they had left in this colour, which comes up to about 400yds, but I have no idea what to do with it. I don't really want to make it into a scarf, but it is calling out to be something that goes next to my skin.


Again, how could I resist on sale???? Just look at what is in this yarn.. it is SOOOO soft. I really don't want to just sit around and pet it for the next few years. Ideas on what it should be? Remember, I'm not a small woman and it's only 400 yards.