Monday, July 24, 2006

I made yarn... I think...

Well, I spent five hours at Twist today learning how to draft and spin. My drop spindle now has yarn on it! Not much, but it's yarn. And soaking in the sink right now are three skeins of homespun that I need to hang up to dry. I'll take pictures when they're all dry, but needless to say, I WAY overplied! Oh well, just need more practice. Now.. who wants to get me a spinning wheel for my birthday????

On the way back, I picked up three fleeces from a friend. I'm hoping he doesn't read this, cause he doesn't like mush, but it was SOOOO sweet of him to get them for me. Now... to learn how to play with those too. Debbie, my spinning instructor, suggested that I keep one of the fleeces here and work on it myself then send the other two out. I'm thinking about it. Problem is, I really have no place to wash it where I can get hot water. Any ideas? I have a front loader, so no washing machine.

Oh well, pics of my yarn when it's dry!