Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happy 4th

Okay, I'm a few days early, but so were the fireworks last night. As I sat outside eatting dinner with a friend I got to see a few really large fireworks. It was a nice way to end a great day (even if he didn't get to see them)

Yesterday I went with a friend to the Kutztown Country Fair. I was a bit disappointed, not one of the demostration artisians was doing anything with fibers except weaving (and it wasn't fine gauge weaving). Granted, it was too hot to want to do anything with fleecy fibery goodness, but still :(

There was however, this thing:














I even had some of his sandwich (and I don't eat meat that often). It's a whole oxen and is apparently part of the festival every year. There was an explanation sign next to it, but I've forgotten it already. I got a bit sunburnt at the fair and it wipes me out.

Not much else, I've been slowly working on demolishing the third floor of the house so my father and I can rebuild it into a livable room for me. Other than that, it's been a pretty lazy week for me. Guess I'll enjoy it while I can.