Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Recycling...

Of course, I always forget to take pictures before I start...

My Aunt had this great sweater, the first time I ever saw it I told her that when she shrunk out of it don't throw it out, I want the yarn. Well, this weekend she brought me the sweater, and I got to embark on my first ever attempt at frogging a store bought sweater. Not as easy as I thought it would be, whoever made it had the seams double stitched, and used a thread colour that matched way too well. So far, I've gotten both arms off, frogged one of them, and ripped out a side seam. I'm not even sure what to do with the neck and the shoulders, but I'll figure it out when I get there.

Here's the yarn after a bath (and the dye STILL ran, the water was bright pink when I took it out) and a hang dry. Such a pretty combination of colours.. and I'm not even a fan of pink.


It's a wool, acrylic, nylon and 'other' blend. I have to wonder if they used wool as a generic for any animal fiber, as I had to stick this thing in the freezer before I could frog it and my Aunt kept saying it was mohair. If I can get through frogging the whole thing, I'll have quite a bit of yarn. This one weighs in a 89gms and it's just one arm.