Sunday, July 16, 2006

Market and S.E.X.

Warning: picture heavy post.. probably more pictures in this one than in all the rest.

So I went down to Market in King of Prussia yesterday. Remind me to NEVER listen to mapquest again. Bleh... if rte 202 goes right in front of the mall, why on earth did that site have me going on the turnpike and making so many turns that I ended up making a few wrong ones??? I took 202 home. Sure it goes to one lane and goes through the centers of town. Sure you have to twist and turn to stay on it. BUT it is only one road and very well marked. Not to mention all the neat little places I found to stop along the way.

Now.. for some S.E.X. and market pictures.. Actually, I was a bad girl and didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have. Plus, Bina has the picture of her and I. Not to mention that after saying "remind me to take a picture" at lunch, I forgot :P

So, the only picture I actually took at market, was of Grafton Fiber's needle felted (I'm assuming) mermaid. Now how cool is that? They also had a tree frog that should be in Bina's picture. Isn't he cute????


Now, I went a little nuts when I hit Brooks Farm's booth. I started with three skeins of yummy mohair/wool/silk in a deep purple. Well, truthfully, I started with one, but 500 yds didn't seem enough, so I got a second one. Now 1000 yds is a lot, but not enough for me to make a sweater in DK weight. Of course, the women at the booth were no help, they kept saying, "You can always return it, but you can't get more". So of course, I grabbed up the third (and last) skein for a total of 1500 yds. It's got some very slight variations in the saturation, and is so yummy! I think that may become a sweater. I also got an orphan skein of wool/mohair in a very pale purple/peachy that will become a gift for a friend. (pic below with the blues)

After that bit of S.E.X. I met up with some knittyheads for lunch. It is so cool to meet you gals in real life! This was my second knitty meet up and I have yet to be disappointed. Congrats to MBT for selling her patterns! We had a very nice lunch, and then I went back and zoomed in on Brooks Farm again :P I got three more skeins, all three orphans. It's so nice to give those little orphans a home. The two blues are from different dye lots, and when held together, it's obvious that one is darker. BUT... I figure I can stripe all three to mix them together, or one of the solids can go with the multi I bought yesterday and one can go with a skein that's been sitting in my stash getting petted a lot :)

I also got three skeins out of the 'pot luck' box at Decadent Fibers. It's a mohair/wool mix, seems to be DK weight. Inside, I thought two of the skeins were the same dye lot, but outside I found that one is much darker and one is much brighter. Oh well, I still like them! With 490 yds per skein, I figure there's plenty I can do with them. They had the greatest felted pumpkins, but of course, I forgot to take pictures.

On the way home, I discovered two new yarn shops. Stitch Inn is in Lahaska, PA. Cute, not so little shop. Good selection and the ladies were friendly. I got to show off my goodies to one of their customers who was debating a trip to market today. I also bought my mom her missing skein of Encore. She's so proud of her stash now. Even if it only takes up one of the new large ziploc bags.

Then in New Hope, I found Twist Knitting & Spinning. Deborah was very nice, as I opened the door right at 5pm (which was her closing time), and she didn't say a word. Let me look around, answered my questions and then let me show off my new goodies! She offers spinning lessons, so I think I'll be going down that way again.

All in all, it was a WONDERFUL day. I ended it by having dinner with my mom and then finding out that all the classes I wanted for Stitches are already sold out, so now I'm wondering if it's worth a four hour trip just to go shopping.